Monday, June 7, 2010

TGIM (Thank God it's Monday!)

First, let me start by saying that I've never been so happy to see a Monday in all my life!  This weekend was a very busy weekend and I know that those are stressful on my kids so I understand why they are behaving the way they are and what their behavior is saying, but there simply wasn't anything I could do about it. 

We went to get a car on Saturday and see friends.  The day started off by A coming into my room in the middle of the night.  We've been working really hard on getting him to sleep in his own bed all night long and this was the beginning of the demise.  The kids wake up late (7:30 am) and we go downstairs.  They watch a show and I check email.  As I get ready to take a shower, we lose power!  We are without power for 30 minutes or so. 

During this time, I realize that without power, I can't get my car out of the garage.  You see, I don't have a key to the side door of my garage.  Even if I did have one, the lawn mower is stored there. Keep this key thing in mind as it will come up again!

Ok, so the power comes on and I get in the shower to get ready.  We get the car and all is going well.  We get to the friend's house and things remain well.  This is a feat because there are 7 children and 3 adults present.  All kids behave appropriately and I'm in bliss.  Then, just as we are getting ready to leave, C, who is tired, pees on the floor (carpeted no less).  Clothes changed, carpet cleaned, apologies all around and we leave.  The drive home is 2 hours filled with screaming, crying, and more peeing. 

We get home, eat dinner and go to bed.  Bed is relatively easy.  However, night time is not.  Again, A wakes up and wants to come to my room.  Out of sheer exhaustion I allow it (BIG MISTAKE GLENDA!). 

We get up on Sunday.  Now, since we weren't home on Saturday, I need to do laundry, dishes, some general cleaning, etc.  Kids ask for food and I give it to them.  They decide mid-way through that they don't want it and throw it away.  This makes me feel very frustrated because food is expensive and I'm struggling to provide them with good, healthy foods and then they throw it away.  I tell them no more food until lunch.  THis results in, yup, you guessed it, even more screaming and crying! 

We need to go to the grocery store but I also need to go to Target for diapers for them.  Get diapers at Target and a few other things.  A decides to start screaming/crying.  I pick him up.  So, now I'm carrying a screaming, crying, squirming 50lb child and pushing a cart.  I'm so used to tantrums that they don't phase me (so sorry fellow Target shoppers) and I refuse to not get the errand done I need done so I finish getting what I need and out we go. 

Next stop, grocery store.  Wash, rinse, repeat of Target, full of crying/screaming.  We get done and head home.  We get home and I open the outside door.  We have a door to the outside and then one into the kitchen.  The one into the kitchen has a lock on it.  Guess what!  We have no key.  AND, C locked the door prior to leaving, which went unnoticed.  I try karate kicking the door (it makes ZERO impact).  I go to the back door and try, in vain, to find a key that works.  So, this now makes 3 doors that have locks and I have no key for them.  We manage to break into the door and get into the house.

I told A we'd go bowling today so we do that.  Bowling goes well.  It was 2 hours of the day with very little screaming/crying.  We get home and have company over for dinner.  This means more screaming/crying only this is my sister and her family, so the screaming/crying is increased by 1 more kid.  Dinner is over, the visit is over and it is bedtime.  Again, bedtime goes very well, no crying and then the house is quiet.  Ah, how iIenjoy this.

However, middle of the night is a disaster.  Aiden wants to come to my room and I refuse.  He begins screaming/crying, etc.  I know he can sleep alone and I need him to sleep alone.  I'm exhausted from very little sleep and really need a good nights sleep.  Alas, that wasn't to happen.  He finally goes back to sleep but eventually comes into my room again.  I have a feeling that all this week will be spent getting him back into the routine of sleeping in his own bed. 

Needless to say, A woke up tired and grumpy.  I'm hopeful that we will turn this week around and be happy again.  Until then, I'm planning on having a glass of wine each night to take the edge off and to help relax me.  The past few weeks have been filled with ex-husband issues and then this last weekend, well, its enough to send someone off the deep end!  Bottoms up everyone :)

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment