Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Candy solves everything

Today, C slipped getting out of the tub.  She brushed her nose on the padded potty seat.  Now, I have no doubt it scared her and probably did hurt for a second.  So, of course, she is crying and crying.  I tell her I'm sorry she got hurt, offer hugs and kisses.  She is still crying.  So, I ask what I can do to help her feel better.  She instantly looks at me, puts on her best frown face with big eyes that say Please do what I say and says "Candy!  I need candy to make me feel better."  I laugh and tell her nice try. She laughs and says "well, where's my candy?"  I tell her she can't have candy and she says "pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese?  It will make me feel better."  I laugh again, ask her who gives her candy when she gets hurt (she replies "linda" (her teacher at school) tell her no and change the subject.  The irony is that she isn't a huge candy fan.  She'll choose salad over candy any day of the week, but apparently, she's learned through school that candy solves all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment