Monday, May 31, 2010

Kids to the beach

It has been beautiful outside lately so when I got the kids back, I thought we should go to the beach/lake to swim (one of their favorite activities).  Not only that, but we should go with their cousin too (he is 6 weeks older than my oldest).  It sounded like a great idea.  2 adults with 3 kids swimming. 

So, we got ready and went to my sister's house.  Off to get some lunch.  Hmm, having recently seen Food Inc, I'd rather not have fast food, so we went to a local sandwich shop.  Kids were already driving the adults nuts acting like crazed maniacs.  We thought they were hungry though so all would be well.  After we eat, off to Target to get a bathing suit for C.  All is well at Target so off we go to the lake. 

Kids are very excited once we get to the lake as they want to go swimming!  Finally we are all ready and off we go.  Sunscreen is applied and we go into the water.  Well 2 kids and I go into the water.  Apparently C likes to swim only in pool water, not lake water.  So, she played in the sand while my sister sat there bored out of her mind. 

In the water, all was well initially.  Then, we had to clear the water and search for 2 missing children (not ours).  Adults form a line and walk through the water searching for kids at the bottom of the lake (very scary thing to do).  Apparently the parent told the kids to stay at the beach, but they didn't and were in the bathroom or somewhere else.  But, they were found so back in the water we went. 

More swimming.  My nephew, when he does too much physical activity, gets sick.  Yup, sure enough, he got sick in the lake.  Ok, so time for him to take a break.  A and I stay in the water.  We stayed in the water for about 3 hours.  When he has to get out for us to go, he protests LOUDLY!  I tell him we'll go to Friendly's and can have ice cream.  He is not interested.  Swimming is the only time when he'd rather swim than eat.  After a long time of crying, we go change out clothes and play on the playground while everything gets put into the car and ready. 

We now have to leave.  C starts crying because she wants to play more.  She also states she doesn't want to eat, just wants ice cream.  We get in the car.  Instantly, C and nephew (we'll call him M) start annoying each other.  I can't even tell you what either was doing, but I think M was telling C to stop talking to him and she continuously responded "No way."  This infuriated M and he kept yelling at her and C just kept saying "No way." 

Eventually we get to Friendly's (felt like 4 hours, but was likely 10 min).  Go in, sit down, order food.  This is when the mayhem began.  M wanted to sit by me so we moved around seats.  C wanted to sit by my sister.  Okay, so everyone gets situated and we order.  A was wonderful.  M was wonderful.  C was a pain in my rear end.  At one point, she wanted to climb on the table.  My sister kept her from doing so but C wasn't happy.  My sister told her that she couldn't climb on the table or she wouldn't get ice cream.  Caitlin said she'd rather climb on the table than have ice cream.  At another point, my sister asked C to stop touching her.  She asked why.  My sister said "because I said so."  NOT a good enough reason for C.  She moved her spoon from her hand closest to my sister and put it in her other hand.  She then looked at my sister with a look that basically said "Screw you" and poked her.  In the car, my sister told her to focus about something.  C then repeated that (or at least that is my story) but it sounded, well, like something else that starts with an F.  This continued the entire trip home.  M was busting up laughing so we convinced him to ignore her so that way it would stop.  We get home and to top the trip off, C peed in her clothes.  We get back to our house and take baths, play then go to bed, hoping that the next day will be a better day!

No comments:

Post a Comment