Monday, May 17, 2010

Hair Woes

For those of you without a girly girl, you may not understand the drama that hair creates.  This is what I hear far too often in any given morning: "I want my hair in hair bows, 2 hair bows."  So, I put her hair into pigtails.  Now, C has fine hair so trying to brush it into a ponytail is like trying to chew food with a numb mouth--NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE AND FULL OF FRUSTRATION!  I spray her hair with detangler because it wets it and helps get out the knots but even that only buys me about 1 minute of time.  If she moves, the brush falls, the hair band isn't ready within that minute, I have to start over.  Now, again, for those of you that don't have more than 1 kid or have kids that are older or even just cooperative kids, you think, what's the big deal?  Just start over.  Unfortunately, I have exactly 45 minutes to get 2 children up, clothed, pottied, teeth brushed, fed and get myself showered and clothed.  So, I really don't have the few minutes it takes to get her hair up in the first place, but (thanks to daycare, she wants her hair up to be "beautiful") I do so because I know she loves it. 

Well, I've had it now with the hair bows because you know what happens?  Within an hour or less, she takes them out because they hurt her head.  This leaves her hair looking disastrous and I'm generally annoyed that I spent all the time getting it up only for her to take it down.  So, what is a person to do?  I thought about it and remember head bands, but then I thought, gosh, I can't give her a headband and have her poke out her eye, my eye, or her brother's eye (and she would try, believe me).  So, off to Target we went.  I found cloth head bands (you know, like a sweat band, only not striped like the 80's style).  She loves them and now, mornings consist of me just plopping it on.  Best part--when she takes it out, she can put it right back in--BY. HERSELF! 

So, if you have a girly girl and you find the hair bow thing as annoying as I did, get thee to Target and buy cloth head bands.  They are about $3 for a 6 pack that come in an assortment of colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment