Thursday, September 22, 2011

Be sure to worry about me

We get nearly all of our food from a local farm and this means that once a week, the kids and I travel to the farm to get our food.  The farm is really great and so kid friendly.  M, our farmer, always has something to do with the kids, such as hopscotch or chalk.  Today, he had a football and A was so excited!  C was busy eating a carrot (she eats her way through the farm!).  A was playing with M so I told him I'd go put the food in the car and then come back to get him.  He told M, "Be sure you worry about me while my mom goes to the car.  I need to be safe, you know?!"

When I got back, A negotiated with me to have 3 more throws (I suggested 1 but he countered with 5 and we agreed to 3--he's an excellent negotiator--maybe he'll be on Priceline commercials at somepoint?).  We got to the car and C had brought a tomato to eat on the way home.  So, off we went with our food and headed home.  I love that my kids love the farm so much and really are getting an understanding of where food comes from. 

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment