Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Updates and Halloween

So, as you know, A has struggled at school a lot behaviorally and I have been meeting regularly with the teaching staff to help him.  I have explained to them the Nurtured Heart Approach and they were on board.  BUT, their school is going to be implementing a school wide behavior modification program.  That said, they are still interested in my working with them and mentoring them and my supporting them in using the NHA with A.  AND, for the 1st time since school started, I got a note home today that said A had a great day, with no consequences!  I heard them using the language of the NHA too.  I really hope we are on the path to greatness and to less consequences and time-outs for A.

On an unrelated note, Halloween is coming up, which means that I need to figure out costumes for the kids.  A wants to be what he was last year (he's not one for change) and C changes her mind daily.  Most recently, she said, "Mom, I want to be something REALLY scary!"  The irony is that when he cousin wore a costume with a face mask, she was terrified of him so I doubt she'll actually want anything scary--well that and she is 4 years old! I'll start looking to see what they could be that would work for them, be warm enough, and washable since we do so many holiday events for Halloween. 

I also love that this year, C has really come out of her shell.  She is vocal at school (last year she was very, very quiet) and verbalizes her needs.  She isn't as shy in front of new people as she once was either.  I love seeing her grow and develop and come into her own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment