Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Birthday C

Today is C's 4th birthday.  On this day, I remember that I woke up, like any normal day.  Except, my mom had come into town in anticipation of C's being born.  I thought it would be fun to take A to the pumpkin patch and hopped in the shower around 10 am.  I started having some contractions, but they were not at all painful so I figured I'd be fine.  I got in the car with A, my mom, and my then-husband and headed off to the pumpkin patch, not mentioning to anyone about the contractions.  The pumpkin patch was closed, which turned out to be a good thing.  We got home about 30 min after we left and I told everyone I was having contractions.  I called the birth center and, since the contractions were about 2-3 min apart, they suggested I come in.  So, off we went.  I was hungry since it was close to lunchtime so we grabbed fast food on the way.  We got to the birth center and they checked me and said I was 5 cm dilated so I could go downstairs to the birthing suite but that I had some time to spare.  I got in the elevator and went downstairs.  I walked in and met the midwife on duty, while N (my then husband) went to go to the car.  I immediately felt that the baby was coming and the midwife yelled for Nate to come back.  Sure enough, she was born right then.  From the beginning of labor to the end was less than 3 hours and from 5 cm to 10 cm was less than 3 min!  She, like her brother, was born at 38 weeks, 3 days, on a Friday in the noon hour.

Happy birthday my sweet baby girl!

~G

2 comments:

  1. 4?!?!? Oh my! Happy Birthday little big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I remember that! She coulda been born in the pumpkin patch.

    ReplyDelete