Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's awesome and amazing!

The kids have been gone for 2 weeks with their father.  During that time, I was able to sleep when I wanted, eat when I wanted, etc.  I didn't have anyone pee on me or ask me to wipe their behind.  Ah, how much changes when they get home!  I picked them up and all was well initially.  Then, A had a meltdown and said he had a hard time at daddy's house :(.  He cried and I reassured him it was okay and that I was there to talk if he wanted.  We had just gotten dinner and he kept saying "I'm not ready for my chicken yet because I'm crying (said in his best crying voice)."  Followed by, "Don't worry mommy, I'll be ready soon!" is his best crying, but trying to sound encouraging voice.  He stopped crying and ate and all was well.  As we are pulling into our driveway, he says "Oh, our house is so pretty mommy!"  The house looks the exact same but for some reason, he really was appreciative of it upon return.  He ran inside and complimented everything for being pretty.  Perhaps it was because there wasn't food crumbs on the floor, clothes strewn about, blankets and toys accessorizing the floors, not sure, but everything was pretty to him.

Then, in true A form, he remembered that we brought home a treadmill the day before he left and immediately, he asked about where it was and if I could show him how to use it.  So, I showed them both and they both walked on the treadmill then got upset when I told them they needed to stop.  Ah, if only I felt that same way about that treadmill.

Bedtime is a bit of a struggle but everyone goes to sleep. We wake up in the morning and my body rejected the early morning wake up call.  But, the kids were having no part of sleeping in.  Up we got and the day started.  And, my 2 weeks of no wiping butts came to a screeching halt!  Always had one or the other going to the bathroom.  And, now, C says "Mommy, let's look at my poop.  It is awesome and amazing!"  How am I to respond to that?  I can't shatter her excitement and tell her poop is neither awesome or amazing.  And, I want her to keep going in the potty, so I suck it up and like a great mom, compliment her on her awesome and amazing poop.  Yet another thing I never thought I'd say in my life!

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment