Thursday, July 29, 2010

OUCH! It hurts, it really, really hurts!!

For those of you that don't personally know C, you should know that she is working hard to get an oscar for best actress in a drama.  She is the most dramatic kid (yes, I do realize the irony in saying this).  So, tonight, I'm brushing her teeth and the toothbrush slips and gets her in the eye.  She instantaneously starts crying.  It was the kind of cry where she can't breathe for a bit.  Ok, I know that getting jammed in the eye with toothpaste and a toothbrush hurts.  I hug her, check her eye, tell her I'm sorry, try to make her feel better.  She stops crying to talk to her dad then starts crying again saying "I don't want to stop crying."  I help her with her PJs and she, finally stopping crying, says that her eye got an owie from the toothbrush and starts to cry again saying "It hurts, it really, really hurts!"  Then, she says, "Mom, which eye was it that got an owie again?" 

~G

No comments:

Post a Comment